Enhanced Children's Centre (ECC)
In line with Public Health England and Wandsworth Council guidance the Enhanced Children’s Centre will be closed until further notice.
West Hill Enhanced Children’s Centre has a Facebook page, Instagram, and website for families, using these to promote positive play experiences and interaction for parents and children who are isolated. They are promoting key messages linked to Covid19 in a family friendly way and other resources parents may find useful. They are also providing video singing and story sessions with staff which families can use with engaging with their children.
We will continue to do our best to support families in any way we can. Staff will be working from home and you can contact us Monday-Friday, 8.30am-4.30pm. Please do not hesitate to get in touch for advice and support during this time:
- Pippa Bruce (centre manager) firstname.lastname@example.org 07584 364 452
- Jel Taylor (family worker) email@example.com 07919 293 861
- Heather Barlow (early years lead practitioner) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ayesha Afenyo (early years play assistant) Ayesha.email@example.com
- Yohana Tesfay (administrator) Yohana.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enhanced Children’s Centre (general email) email@example.com
Notices will be posted on our Facebook page and the ECC website so please check these for updates:
The Enhanced Children’s Centre is a provision specifically for families in Wandsworth with young children (0-5 years) with a disability, special educational need or complex medical need.
You will find a welcoming space where you and your child can have fun, play and learn. The centre has indoor and outdoor play spaces, a multi-sensory room and soft play room. Siblings aged 0-5 can also attend.
The Enhanced Children's Centre offer:
- play and learning sessions;
- parenting groups and parenting workshops;
- focused therapeutic services and health care;
- advice, guidance and support for parents on topics such childcare, benefits, employment and choosing schools and nurseries;
- training for parents and carers;
- access to information about support networks and other services available to families with children with a range of additional needs; and they can issue Foodbank Vouchers.
If you have any questions, or would like some more information, please contact the centre on the contact details below.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Enhanced Children's Centre
West Hill Primary School
5 Merton Road
- SW18 5ST
- Get directions
Buses: 28, 37, 39, 44, 87, 156, 170, 220, 270, 337 and 485
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Age Ranges
- 0 to 5 years
- Referral required
- Referral Details
We now have an online referral form available on the ECC website to be used by professionals when referring children to the ECC (if not doing it via a service provision request on EHITs). We will no longer be accepting referrals by email.
Access to the referral form, along with information on how to make a referral, which children can attend the ECC and what happens with the referral once it has been made can be viewed on our website at the following link https://enhancedcc.org/information-for-professionals/
The referral form itself is hosted by Wandsworth Council so when you click on the 'make your referral' button it will take you to the councils website.
This service is for children aged 0-5 years old with special educational needs, complex medical needs and disabilities, their parents and carers. Children can be referred to the centre by a professional working with a family. More information can be found about referring here. Families are also welcome to find out more about us and arrange to visit by contacting us directly.
Last updated: 21 Jun 2021