Skip to main content

Guide for young people 16 to 25 on how to resolve SEND disagreements

This guide provides clear advice for young people aged 16-25 who are unhappy with their special educational needs (SEN) provision or support at school or college and need help and guidance to sort those problems out.

Wandsworth's Information Advice and Support Service (WIASS) can also help when you disagree with decisions made about your needs and how to help you.

This could include:

  • The help that my school or college is giving me is not enough, or is not right, for my special educational needs or my disability.
  • The local authority has made a decision about the help they think I should have and I don't agree with them.
  • I have complained a few times about decisions made by my school or college and I’m still unhappy.
  • I’ve complained about the decisions made by health or social care services and I’m still unhappy.
  • My local authority is taking too long to help me.
  • I am not getting the help that was set out in my EHC plan.


Last updated: 19 Jul 2022