Health Visiting Service - Wandsworth - Coronavirus
Health Visiting and School Nursing Universal Service
In response to COVID -19 the universal Health Visiting and School Nursing services have changed their offer in line with the NHSE and NHSI guidance.
From 1 April 2020 the health visiting and school nursing services will be offering a 7 day a week 9am-5pm duty line for parents and young people to call for support and advice. The duty line will be staffed by an administrator, Health Visitor and School Nurse. The number for Wandsworth is 0330 058 1679
The services are now offering:
- All vulnerable (London Continuum of Need level 3 &4) families and young people a range of face to face and video calls or home visit depending on need
- Vulnerable Antenatal women will be contacted and offered either video, telephone or face to face
- All of our New Birth visits will be carried out by a range of video calls and face to face contacts depending on need
- 6-8 week maternal mood assessments will be carried out by phone or video call
- Red Accident and Emergency attendances will be followed up
The Health Visiting Service, provided by Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust, provides support and advice to all Wandsworth resident children aged 0-5 years old and their families. They promote health, detect problems early, prevent accidents and ensure immunisation. A major role is played in child protection.
Any child who is a Wandsworth resident can use this service.
- "Well Baby" clinics;
- postnatal groups;
- parenting support;
- home visits;
- breastfeeding clinics and support groups
- baby and child developmental assessments; and
- general family health advice.
For a list of doctor's surgeries in Wandsworth please visit the Wandsworth CCG website.
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Age Ranges
- All children aged 0-5 years old.
- Referral Details
The Health Visting Service offers a universal service to all families with children under the age of 5 years, within the borough of Wandsworth with a Wandsworth GP or for families who are not yet registered with a local GP.
The majority of referrals come from local midwifery departments, Primary care or partner agencies. Clients can also self-refer when they move into the area.
Health visitors are part of the Primary Health Care Teams and work closely with local groups. Please contact your GP surgery or local health clinic for further information about your health visiting service.
When you register your 0-5 year old with a Wandsworth doctor (GP) you will automatically be assigned to a Heath Visiting Team. Health Visiting Teams are made up of health visitors, community nurses and nursery nurses. Ask at your doctor's how to contact them.
The health visiting service is operated from
- Children's Centres,
- Health centres and other community venues.
Last updated: 06 Jan 2022