Children's Occupational Therapy (NHS)
Update on our services during the COVID-19 Pandemic February 2022
We can confirm that we are operating and delivering therapy support wherever possible, provided it is safe and appropriate to do so.
We are currently able to offer face to face assessments and reviews, but where clinically indicated may offer this via telephone or virtual platforms with parents and SENCO’s. Your child's type of support will be discussed with you during your phone appointment.
Our waiting list is currently beyond 18 weeks due to the impact the pandemic has had on staffing. Please bear with us over this very difficult time. We will endeavour to resume all services as normal once we are able to do so.
In the meantime, please follow these options:
- If your child’s care is deemed urgent, your child's care will be prioritised and a therapist will be in touch to discuss the best way forward in assessing your child.
- If you feel that the therapist can make a good assessment via video or telephone calls and you would prefer that then you can request this via our email address below.
- If your child has an EHCP your therapist will be contacting your child’s SENCO in order to set up the most appropriate method of review. If you would like to have a telephone contact from a therapist, please send a request to your therapist and or to the generic inbox mentioned below.
We recognise that families need support and advice during these uncertain times. We will endeavour to answer individual queries during this time.
Please may we request that families contact the email@example.com inbox which is being monitored by a member of the team daily. Non-urgent queries will be recorded but may not receive an immediate response.
Our administrator can be phoned on the following number:
Tel: 020 8725 5748
Our operating hours are 9am-5pm Monday – Friday (year round)
We are closed on Bank Holidays
Below are a few helpful tips from your Children’s Occupational Therapy team:
- Your Therapy Source – www.yourtherapysource.com/freestuff
- Contains wonderful resources for developing motor skills, self-care skills and self-regulation
- NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde - https://www.nhsggc.org.uk/kids/resources/
- Contains downloadable resources for child development and life skills
- Motor skills and activities
- Postural Program and Self-Regulation Strategies
- NHS Healthier Families - find indoor activities, accessible games and recipe ideas: www.nhs.uk/healthier-families
- Cerebral Palsy Sports UK have weekly updates: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact is another Wandsworth Service that may be able to help or point you in the right direction, link below.
Head of Children’s Therapies – Sophie Scott
Clinical Team Lead for Children’s Occupational Therapy – Elgonia Dreyer
Administrator for Children’s Occupational Therapy – Caitlin Greenaway
- Please refer to the referral criteria attached.
- Using our referral form (word) – The referrals can be sent via email: email@example.com via post: Children’s Occupational Therapy, Queen Mary’s Hospital, Roehampton Lane, Roehampton, SW15 5PN.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Children's Therapies, Ground Floor
Queen Mary's Hospital
- SW15 5PN
- Get directions
Please be aware that parking is restricted due to Vaccination centre being operated from the parking lot. Local roads around the hospital may provide free parking.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Professionals working with families in Wandsworth can make a referral using the form under the downloads section.
We ask that schools refer to our service providing evidence that a selection of advice activities have been implemented from the Ordinarily Available provision document that was published by Wandsworth Council. We have developed a OT Activity Pack for schools that will help them implement advice and recommendations on a universal level. Children should only be referred to Occupational Therapy should they require specialist input.
To access these services you need to be:
- Referred by your doctor/consultant or other health practitioner,
- Referred by a professional using the form under the downloads section.
Last updated: 17 Mar 2022