Unique Youth at the George Shearing Centre
Unique Youth, a specialist after school club, runs at the George Shearing Centre. Referrals can come from schools, parents, social workers, friends of the club or other specialist groups. Once you have spoken with a member of the team you will be invited down to view the club and for your child to have a trial session to see if they enjoy their time with us.
Unique Youth is for young people aged 13-25 years old with learning disabilities and complex needs.
At Unique Youth you can:
- SOCIALISE- Meet your friends in an informal setting during our term time and half term youth club!
- PARTICIPATE-We run various activities – including pool, cooking, drumming, football, art, music, films, specialised sessions plus video games!
- HOLIDAY FUN- Take part in half term activities running throughout the year, these include circus skills, dance workshops, multi sports and many more!
- VISIT NEW PLACES- We go on residentials through the year which can boost your social skills, independence and just be an all round great time had with friends.
- DISCO'S AND TALENT SHOWS- We host youth discos throughout the year which is a great place to blow off steam and enjoy some great music and food with friends. We also try and accommodate a talent show once a year to encourage the young people to showcase their amazing skills to friends and family.
The centre is fully accessible with a great team to support your young persons journey into adulthood!
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Lois Robinson & Emma Haydon
- 07890 027 028
- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Where to go
- George Shearing Centre
- SW11 2TF
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons 4:00pm to 6:00pm, term time.
- Time of day
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £1 Per day
- term time costs (half term costs may differ please contact us for more information)
To use this service you:
- Can refer yourself or your young person yourself or
- your social worker could refer you or your young person, or
- or they could be referred by another professional
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transitions to Adulthood (16+)
Secondary (11-16 years)
Last updated: 31 Mar 2023