SignHealth - Deaf Hopes Project
DeafHope is the only sign-language based service designed to help Deaf women and children who suffer domestic violence.
This service is for anyone who may have hearing impairment and can relate to being involved with domestic abuse.
DeafHope helps people who have suffered domestic abuse by providing:
- an advocacy service that helps Deaf people to understand the complex dealings of government departments and the legal system;
- advice and therapy for Deaf people with depression, anxiety or similar disorders;
- outreach services that helps vulnerable Deaf people to cope with the challenges of being a victim of domestic abuse; and
- interpreterNow, an online interpreting service for people who are Deaf, deafened or hard of hearing.
For more information and advice please visit the website.
Who to contact
- Text service only: 07970 350 366
Where to go
Sign Health, 5
- HP9 2NB
- Get directions
Last updated: 13 Feb 2023