Greenmead Outreach Service
Greenmead is a specialist primary school supporting pupils with learning difficulties.
Many of our pupils have additional complex medical, physical and communication difficulties. We have a range of experienced and specialist staff who can offer outreach support to colleagues in mainstream primary and nursery settings in Wandsworth. We want to be able to help and support to ensure that where children’s learning/educational needs can be met in a mainstream setting this is fully supported.
Our specialist team can offer support with the following;
- Manual handling training and support including risk assessments
- Personal care and dignity support
- Medical signposting for pupils with health needs
- Total communication strategies including PODD, PECS, ALDs, other low tech and high-tech devices including eye gaze technology
- Support with delivering effective Intensive Interaction to non-verbal pupils to encourage engagement in learning and enjoyment in communication
- Structured teaching strategies to keep pupils motivated and engaged in independent learning
- Training for LSAs
- Access equipment needs
- Supporting non-verbal pupils to access their learning in a meaningful way
- Supporting teachers with assessment tools to ensure progress for all
- Differentiation of learning and support with IEPs
- Writing effective EHCAs and EHCPs
- Loan of specialist equipment
If we can’t help we’ll find someone who can!
For further information or to arrange a visit contact us 020 8789 1466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who to contact
Where to go
- Greenmead Primary School
Greenmead School, 147
- SW19 6RY
- Get directions
- Other notes
Compliments or Complaints: Any complaints should first go to the teacher doing the outreach, andthen on to the headteacher.
To use this service you need to be:
- a Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO), and/or
- a teacher in a mainstream school
Last updated: 04 Oct 2021